Life is short. Make every experience count by creating excellent websites for your customers online. The digital world is expanding and so is the online reach of businesses. If you have an ecommerce website and it’s not capable of selling your products online, then it’s time to redesign things.
The world is a wonderful place if you keep pace with the changes taking place every day. According to the latest research, there are 2.14 billion online shoppers around the world. This means ecommerce has expanded its reach really fast.
The best time to start creating your ecommerce website is now. Let’s take you through the journey with our comprehensive guide that gets you started in no time.
Defining an ecommerce business
In simple terms, ecommerce or electronic commerce is the process of buying and selling products & services online. Businesses that have online stores to sell their products are ecommerce businesses. The interesting fact is that an ecommerce business can’t work without a website. For an online presence, the website is a must.
An ultimate guide to building your website
With an ecommerce website, you can present your products to a large audience instantly. This increases the chances of making a sale and gives you a place to showcase your products. Let’s find out the steps to build an online store.
- Planning: Whether you are starting from scratch or rebuilding your website, you need to plan wisely in both cases. Your plan should include choosing a suitable website builder that can fulfill your requirements.
- Customer support: No matter how great the plans are that you have laid out for your website, issues still pop up. To avoid such loopholes, your customer support team should always be ready to assist your customers.
- Mobile responsive: Around 72% of people prefer mobile-responsive websites. Having a mobile responsive website gives you an edge over your competitors. It might even help to rank your website better on search engine results pages.
- Secure features: Ecommerce websites are linked with payment platforms. Customers have to give access to their bank accounts for making payments. This automatically means you are liable for their security. Ensure SSL certificate from your website builder.
Make web experiences easier and better
Building an online store when you already have an offline store provides multiple advantages:
- It expands your reach beyond the current geographic limitations.
- It offers 24/7 availability to your audience.
- It provides you another channel at times when you can’t access your physical store (like pandemic-style stay-at-home orders!).
Creativity matters, but only if you’ve got the web design right. A good ecommerce website is one that follows these principles:
- Follow the KISS Rule: “Keep it Simple, silly”. Focus on simple and clean designs. Simple is better.
- Focus on brand and sales: The primary component of an ecommerce website is sales. Your brand should sell.
- High-quality images: No matter how creative your images are, if they are not visible in HD, they are of no use. Focus on these details.
- Hassle-free checkouts: Avoid clunky checkouts and prefer a simpler way of checking out.
How to become an ecommerce expert?
It might be easy to set up an online presence for your business but it takes a lot of expertise to be a leader in this field. We’ve outlined some major topics you need to learn more about:
1. Digital Marketing: It’s key to reaching your customers. You might not be an expert in this field but your website builder should be. You can convert your leads into customers only if you market your products/services well.
2. SEO: No business can thrive online without optimized content. Your content should rank well in the organic search of Google. Partnering with SEO experts will help you succeed.
3. Communication: Everything present on your website represents what you want to communicate to your audience.
- Pre-sales: Your pre-sales communication matters. Customers try to find out about the product before purchasing it. Provide them with clear answers to their queries.
- Post-sales: Your customers have already paid you. Now it’s time to deal with them rather than leave them out cold. Your customer support services should be ever-ready to answer them on your behalf.
Become an expert by getting the skills you need for your ecommerce website and get set to sail the seas smoothly.
Cobold Digital – The best partner for ecommerce development
Start selling right now. With tonnes of developers around, it might be exciting to try all of them. But not everyone can suit your business well. As a business owner, you should prefer someone who can make you stand out in the crowd of ecommerce providers.
With years of expertise in website development, Cobold Digital is an award-winning digital agency working towards converting dreams into reality. The team has collaborated with businesses worldwide and has delivered exceptional performance. Connect today and outperform the competition with gorgeous ecommerce website designs.
How can I create my business logo?
Logos have a great history of evolution. The big brands such as Coca-Cola, Starbucks, Apple, etc. have interesting stories behind their logo designs.